Accountant for Artists

Who are 

Are you a musician, sculptor, architect, painter, singer, actor or dancer? If yes, you are in performing creative arts and can be called an artist. Like most artists, if you are also self-employed or a freelancer and your art provides a second income that you must declare, you are obliged to do a lot of paperwork that can be time-consuming. For a person with a creative mind, doing the tedious work of tax planning and bookkeeping can prove disastrous! We at CoreAdviz are well aware of this and do everything for you. We have a team of accountants who know the specific needs of artists and don’t let their creative minds get engaged in financial paperwork. It does not matter that it is tax returns, self-assessment submissions, or VAT returns; our specialized art accountants will never fail to delight you with their accounting services.

Play Video
Play Video

Dedicated Accounting for 

For many artists, being an artist is not a full-time profession to make money. Some people create art and make sales just as a hobby, but when the annual income exceeds a specific threshold, it is best to take the help of a professional. If you are an artist who has started a journey in creative arts and enjoy a good income, you are in need of a dedicated accountant. Someone who can advise you about the tax implications of your activities, the allowable business expenses, VAT tariff rates, and so on. Believe us, our dedicated accountant for artists can really reduce your tax liabilities!

Tax Tips
Accounting Services for Artists

Whether it is about organizing all your major capital expenses and income paperwork or recording all business transactions, we provide top-notch accounting services for artists. Our accountants for artists leave no stone unturned in cloud bookkeeping, automating the accounting process, sending invoices, tax planning, and most importantly, ensuring your submissions on time. We are committed to make your creative journey free of unwanted stress and penalties.

Yes, artists (self-employed or freelancers) are liable to pay taxes in the United Kingdom only if their annual income in a tax year is over £1000, as the yearly allowance granted by HMRC for hobby activities is £1,000.

Yes, a substantial number of artists having an annual income of more than £1000 register as sole traders with HMRC. It is also mandatory to register for self-assessment.

Artists can claim several expenses such as art supplies & materials, insurance, internet, stationaries, accountancy fees, computer, advertising, cleaning supplies, and many more.

UK artists have to register for VAT only if their gross sales of taxable supplies become more than the VAT registration threshold of £85,000.

Generally, if you are gifting art pieces to a charity, they become free from any kind of inheritance tax or capital gains tax.

accountants for self-employed

We do the digits you live your Lifestyle

Accounting for eCommerce package starts at £45 per month 

Our Guidance on the “To do list”

As accounting consultants for an artist, we would suggest you with the following


Get yourself familiarized with all the allowable expenses that you can claim. Have more money in your savings account without being non-compliant with HMRC regulations.

self-employed reminders
Bank reconciliation

get business structure advice

We understand you might be eager to set up a limited company to enhance your professional image and credibility. So we assess all the factors, such as liability protection and tax implications, and then give you the best advice.

Keep your tax records handy

Tax invoices and receipts of the last 5 years are required to be preserved. In case the HMRC wants to verify data, they will ask for previous receipts.

Calculate Tax Liability
vat registration and return

Plan for tax payments

Try to set aside a part of your regular income to minimize the financial strain during tax payments. You can think of opening a separate savings account for your tax funds.